My NVidia Driver has been completely removed on accident!

Guest Seal_Commander

Guest Seal_Commander
Unfortunately, I cannot use my laptop as of now because my screen turns totally white when i turn it on. Earlier, I was trying to fix my video card drivers by uninstalling and then reinstalling. Because of this, I can no longer view my desktop or even see the start-up screen. I am in desperate need of help right now. I need to solve this problem ASAP or else this will affect my activity with the clan forever!

Guest RET.SSG.Spartan0189=US=
Ouch, Not sure what to say about it man, Maybe take it to a computer shop to get some help?

Guest Striker
I don't know much about laptops but can you open it up and take out the graphics card, and "inspect" it? I really don't know, other than take it to a guy that knows what he's doing, or buy a new desktop.

Guest Conman51
^^ suls you were supposed to be asleep :p this might be able to be fixed with a new graphics card is there anything major you did to it....drop it? kick it? throw it down the stairs? give it to your mom?

Guest Striker
[quote='SGT.Conman51=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=52192#post52192']give it to your mom?[/QUOTE] rofl, major indeed. but... i dont even know if you CAN replace cards in a laptop lol.

Guest RET.Maj.Skyler=US=
Turn off the Laptop and turn it on. Hit F8 and boot in safe mode. When you log in check your drivers out make sure there working properly and try to update/reinstall your Video card drivers.

yes ypu can change cards on laptops.. but they are really expensive depending on the laptop it might be cheaper just to get a new one

Guest Seal_Commander
[quote='CPT.Skyler=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=52200#post52200']Turn off the Laptop and turn it on. Hit F8 and boot in safe mode. When you log in check your drivers out make sure there working properly and try to update/reinstall your Video card drivers.[/QUOTE] Umm.. I can't do that because my screen turns totally white as soon as the power's on. It is at this point almost impossible to do anything with this laptop. I barely had this thing for 15 months.

Guest Conman51
ok then i doubt its soft ware...i really think you put a magnet near it or kicked it and i dont think its possible to replace just the lap top screen. maybe some one else has more input

Thats what I was going to suggest, I would do it with networking - safemode only loads the drivers that need to be loaded.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
if what skyler said doesn't work, then try to reinstall windows it comes preinstalld with basi9c video card drivers. if that doesn't work then your vid card is shot and you'll need to either send in laptop or buy a new onhe.

• 2 months later...
Guest D.Arelf
Is there any way to fix this prob.

When the game starts it says I have a old graphics driver...Can someone help please??

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Guest RET.Capt.MustangMan94=US=
What game is it your starting. Depending on the game it may be a glitch in the game itself. Farcry 2 used to do it to me all the time!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GuitarCrazyo
My laptop gets stuck at the login screen, the profiles and turn off button dont appear at all. But the mouse pointer is there and it can still be moved. Does anybody here know a solution?

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
boot into safe mode and check user account settings. make sure your profile is there, u can try setting it to auto login as well. what is the OS?

Guest RamirezG26
If you got a video card / image problem, don't jump into conclusions! Before you do anythying, check if your Video Card is updated to its recent software. A game doesn't look up the type of card you have, but what type of software its running from. A simple update can fix it. If not, then you probably have a old video card that can't support most recent games. If thats the case, head over to your local tech store and try to get a upgrade. If your video card fails, and see a black/white screen, (PC users only)Check if your monitor is connected correctly, if it is and still see a problem, there might be a busted wire. If you tested out the monitor with other towers/laptops, then it might be your driver. Do whats stated above if you hit this point. (For laptops) Most current laptops have a monitor connection. If you have a PC somewhere in your house or at a friends house, hook up the monitor to the laptop and see if you notice any changes. If you continue to see black/white, your driver either 1. Collected too much dust, 2. The card may have a loose connection somewhere, 3. The card got busted, and needs replacement. Hope this information helps. Source: Personal Experience

• 4 weeks later...

Archived