BC2 Crash

Guest PVT.Lindsay=US=

Guest PVT.Lindsay=US=
Whenever I start BC2 it loads a black screen and then crashes back to the desktop. I have updated my graphics drivers and it still wont work. Manufacturer: TOSHIBA Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60 (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz Memory: 1918MB RAM Hard Drive: 158 GB Video Card: ATI Radeon X1200 Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor Sound Card: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) Speakers/Headphones: Keyboard: Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad Mouse: USB Root Hub Mouse Surface: Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_gdr.090302-1506) Motherboard: Computer Case: The technical support website suggest I try updating my sound, defragmenting, and reinstalling the game. My guess is I need to start saving up to build my gaming computer. I don't know how long that will take, but I can say it will most likely be over 3 months. I can still play BF2 however.

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=
Yeah ur graphics card is quite low, CPT.Tmi was having trouble running on an X1600 let alone a X1200 haha. Also the Processor, a dual core 2.0 is quite low as well. I think maybe an upgrade may be in order!

Guest PVT.Lindsay=US=
Yeah. That upgrade is going to have to be a new computer. This computer that I listed is a laptop and it would be expensive to upgrade since most notebooks have their hardware soddered. Like I said, I will have to save up some money, approximately $2000 to buy the hardware I would like to make my gaming computer with. So until then, I am stuck with BF2.

Guest Il Jong Kim
You could try going into your My Document's folder and forcing the config to use DirectX 9 strictly. Just open the "Settings.ini" file in the BFBC2 folder and locate "DxVersion=auto" and change it to "DxVersion=9". It's the only way I was able to get the beta to run on Windows 7 even with a new PC. Hope it helps.

Guest Adante
The ATI X1200 won't work.. But anyway, you won't need $2000 to get yourself a gaming computer. Nam got some nice gear for a grand. Don´t know about the monitors and other things, but you really don´t need $2000.

Guest RET.LTJG.Yong=US=
[quote='Ret.Xander=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=61267#post61267']it would be a lot cheaper if u get a tower[/QUOTE] Agree, but even cheaper if you build it yourself.

I just built a rig with a i5 quad, ati 5770 4gigs of ram, a tb hd, mobo and all the other things minus a power supply for $1035 with shipping.

Guest Namngulfvet
The one I have now is with an i7-860 processor 2.80Gz 8MB cache, 8GB Ram, 1 TB hard drive, 1GB ATI Radeon HD 5770 Graphics card, Wind 7, for a 1,049.00 + tax. At Best Buy. It works really nice when you threaten to kiss the sales girls face in front of everyone....

Guest PVT.Lindsay=US=
This is a link to my wish list on newegg.com. I have taken a look at Nams computer, but that is prebuilt I'm guessing. I want to buy parts and build my computer. This is the wishlist I came up with. If you have any suggestions or corrections I should make I would appreciate it. I dont know anything much about building computers, so I am not sure if all these are necessary. [url]https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=13388292[/url]

Guest Adante
[quote='RT.Lindsay=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=61278#post61278']This is a link to my wish list on newegg.com. I have taken a look at Nams computer, but that is prebuilt I'm guessing. I want to buy parts and build my computer.[/QUOTE] Great choice. Building your own is not only cheaper, you also get better quality components (When you pick the right ones). And your Wishlist doesn't work. Make a screenshot instead and upload it.

Yeah in order to see the wishlist you need to make it a public one. And yeah building a computer is the cheapest way of buying a computer. Buying laptops in general, dells, and things like that will just make you buy new computers 2 years later. I saw my friend once make a comp for like 700 bucks that can run crysis and other games on high. :o

Guest PVT.Lindsay=US=
Nam directed me to ibuypower.com. I am just going to customize a computer their and probably get the computer I want from theri. It seems cheeper than buying the parts I want.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
NOTHING is cheaper than newegg and nobody ships faster. If you can find a pre-built computer for cheaper than the parts u find on newegg i'll eat my hat. BC2 is only $44.99 on newegg idk how they do it honestly. *Never pay to get your newegg shipment quicker than standard and never add a rush because they are so quick anyway at most it will take like 4 days to get to u. I would buy stock in newegg if it was a public company.

Guest PVT.Lindsay=US=
I put my laptop on craigslist last night for $1200 and in less than 6 hours I recieved two offers. Once I have this money I should be able to buy the computer that I want.

Guest PVT.Lindsay=US=
The person I am will be selling to is offering $1400. He is paying over paypal, is this a safe transaction?

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine
Yes it is. But make sure he gives you the money before you ship it. And make sure it gets authorized first. Cause Paypal takes 2 days or something to get the money threw.

Guest PVT.Lindsay=US=
It appears that paypal requires me to ship it first and provide the tracking code. What should I do. I've recieved some pretty ligit looking emails that claim to be from paypal, but I'm not sure. Any suggestions. This is the computer that I will be ordering. Netbook / Notebook Bundle None- Case Thermaltake Element G Gaming Mid Tower Case w/Colorshift Fans-Black iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise Reduction None- iBUYPOWER Labs - Internal Expansion [4-Port] iBUYPOWER Internal USB Expansion System- Case Lighting Cold Cathode Neon Light-Blue Processor Intel® Core™ i7 930 Processor (4x 2.8GHz/8MB L3 Cache)- iBUYPOWER PowerDrive PowerDrive Level 1 - Up to 10% Overclocking- Processor Cooling [Free Upgrade] Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ 120mm Radiator [SOCKET-1366]- Memory 6 GB [2 GB X3] DDR3-1600 Triple Memory Module-A-DATA Gaming Series Video Card ATI Radeon HD 5750 - 1GB-Single Card Video Card Brand Major Brand Powered by ATI or NVIDIA- Free Stuff [Free Game] - H.A.W.X-Free with purchase of Intel Core i7 Processor Motherboard ASUS P6T SE -- Intel X58 Chipset CrossFire Supported w/8-ch HD Audio, Triple-Channel DDR3, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, 3 PCI-E MB- Motherboard Add-on None- Power Supply 700 Watt -- Power Supply-SLI Ready Primary Hard Drive 500 GB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.0Gb/s-Dual 500GB Drives (1TB Capacity) - RAID 0 High Performance Data Hard Drive None- Optical Drive 22X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive-Black 2nd Optical Drive None- Flash Media Reader/Writer 12-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer-Black Meter Display NZXT Sentry 2 LCD Touch Screen Fan Controller /w Temperatures Display-Black Floppy Drive None- Sound Card 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard- Network Card Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)- Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + [Free 60-Day !!!] Microsoft Office 2007(Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access ....)-64-Bit Monitor None- 2nd Monitor None- Speaker System None- External Hard Drives [USB 2.0/eSATA] None- USB Flash Drive None- Wireless Network Adapter LINKSYS WUSB600N 802.11n Dual-Band Wireless USB Adapter- Power Protection None- Headset None- MP3/MP4 Player None- Video Camera None- Advanced Build Options Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower-Achieve exceptional airflow in your chassis Warranty Standard Warranty Service-Standard 3-Year Limited Warranty + Lifetime Technical Support Rush Service Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee)-No Rush Service, Estimate Ship Out in 5~10 Business Days Subtotal* $1366.00 (plus tax & shipping)

Guest Krawll
Ibuycomputer.com is prolly the best site for Prebuilds. You pick everything you want in your comp. They are decently priced for prebuilds. Still cheaper to build your own but a good site for those who dont know now.

Guest PVT.Lindsay=US=
Well, I have assumed that most of these potential buyers are scammers and are very convincing with what they do. I did plenty of research and have assured myself that the person that was offering $1400 was a fraud. Thankfully PayPal will notify you if the account is registered or not, otherwise I may have lost my computer.

Archived