What are the origins of your username?

Guest SoundOfDeath

Guest Darkveg

oh man,

I made this name up when i was 14 so dont judge me. I was a big fan of dragonball z and i went with the name Vegettox because he was my favorite char, later people just started nicknaming me Veg, so eventually I made the name Darkmasterveg then finally shortened that to Darkveg.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mestalfrun
The first character I had in wow was a Night Elf Hunter, I randomized the name, and it came out as Mestalfrun, over the years however some have viewed it as Menstralfun, Menstrul, I prefer to go by Mesta or Mestal.

• 1 month later...
Guest AffecT-X
my first online handle was for warcraft 2 Bnet. dragonlord. but there was a cat in my clan with the name Affect-X. eventually he gave up gaming and i took the handle as my own, because he was a damn beast on the warcraft ladders. By the way, he and I became friends over the years so i still stay in touch, and asked him before i stole the name. Just a generic name i always thought was memorable, probably due to the aforementioned dominance... it made me feel more powerful when i tried it on almost. it's been my handle for at least 10 years now.

The first character I had in wow was a Night Elf Hunter, I randomized the name, and it came out as Mestalfrun, over the years however some have viewed it as Menstralfun, Menstrul, I prefer to go by Mesta or Mestal.

yea ok menstral :]

• 1 month later...
Guest famusjupiter

Yeah, Rush is pretty freaking sweet, always has been imo - that's clever!

Mine is a pretty short story - almost a year and a half ago, I finally got high speed internet and a "next gen" gaming system - well, a "this gen" system _now_... Anyways, it was an Xbox 360, and I had just got that along with DSL that was _just_ fast enough for Xbox Live - I even bought a router that supported the VERY minimum requirements, too :) So when I was registering, they asked me to create a gamertag. I thought and thought, and everything sounded lame to me, I couldnt think of anything that actually applied to me, that I wanted to be called - some iteration of DUFFMAN! might have been cool, but I had stopped drinking by then, and so it would seem kinda dumb!

--Enter "Xbox Live Random Name Generator"!!!!! First try, it gave me FamousJupiter62 - and i was like "_yeah_, alright - this is good!"

"And that's the end of THAT chapter" :)

The Simpsons was one of the best shows ever made. Period. Just saying.

Guest Big_Forte

I'm a huge Megaman fan and Forte is Bass's Japanese name before he was Americanized.

My other larger gamer name is Archlight which I created for World of Warcraft because Dr.Light was taken and Wily was taken, so I said Archlight meaning Dr. Light's Arch Rival...Dr. Wily :D

I'm a freakin' gamer nut, i know.

Guest ManDown
My unit used to play a lot of Halo and CoD while we waited for missions to come in. I was so bad at both games that they always put me on the team with the most players because that team would be a man down once I got in...

Picked mine back in like 99-2000ish. I liked the symbolism the phoenix embodies but as it's generally (at the time) associated with women (and not a British kid) I changed the spelling to imo buff it up.

Guest Prodigy
The orgins of my name came back a long time ago. At first my nick name was Silent Scope, because of my intrest in sniping. After one of my instructors saw my potential he said "Scope! you're a real Prodigy" Hence forth after that he started calling me "Prodigy" and it stuck.

Guest Prostego

Slapped my keyboard.

I'm actually serious...

When I first started playing BF my usual ID was taken and I hate to throw numbers or random letters on it, so I mashed my keyboard, fixed up the result so it was legible and presto Prostego. I later found out that it's Polish for simple :/

Guest Mestalfrun
Slapped my keyboard.

I'm actually serious...

When I first started playing BF my usual ID was taken and I hate to throw numbers or random letters on it, so I mashed my keyboard, fixed up the result so it was legible and presto Prostego. I later found out that it's Polish for simple :/

I chuckled, are you simple? :P if so then I guess it all works out.

Guest Spyder5
When i first started playing bf3 i played mostly recon , i thought long range sniping was win , apparently not...imo...... my first name was TP_Brow, this is from my MMO where i am called Tapp, or Tappinbrow [i hit my face like a retard when Im over excited, I dont know why I cant help doing it , its like riding a bike] but TP is toilet paper, so toilet paper face was unacceptable. I then thought, [of australia] where there are scary poisonous spiders, and they hide [like noobs] in things, so Spyder being a predatory spider and hiding and stealthing [that im very bad at, I should be called Akbar or Rambo, cant attach c4 to myself ooo and rambo could kill mutliple people in seconds and I have no hope of that[He was all hax]] and also spiders to some people are scary so, A Scary Stealthy Spying Spider, that will leap out and bite ya. thats the theory anyways. the 5 comes from my recollection of my last spider stomp, it was left with 5 legs.And I like my sig also.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest IceFox
I had a range of usernames while a young gamer, but since I was 15 a lot of people on other FPS games called my style and tactics "Cold" and "Harsh", one day a critic called me "Ice", his name was Fox. I put the two together and I liked the outcome, over years I developed more traditional trends for it especially on MMO's. BlackFox was my original I.D when I signed up to =US= in July 2011 but since there is already a BlackWaterFox upon my return, I allowed him the name and took my old ID back as IceFox.

Guest Soldat1288

My name, Soldat, basically means "soldier" in many different languages. I mainly take it from the German word though, because of my German heritage. I'm just a soldier in many ways, battling everything...

P.S. No, I didn't take the name from that darn game! I didn't know about that game until after I had the name. I did play that game to see what it was about though. 8)

Guest MadButcher
MadButcher was just a random name after I decided not to go with my Xbox Live gamertag, seeing as me and my father use this acount then the name had to be a compremise so MadButcher just seemed to fit our play style.

Guest Bonafide10
Bonafide 10 is my fraternity name. Given to me because I was honest and held my self to a high standard when I was pledging. When I was told to do something, I did it to the tee and didn't look for shortcuts. I'm also skinny so it fits in there too.

Guest TheBand
Originally my name was Im_with_the_band before compliance with =US= regs. Up until about five years ago before I joined the military and began moving about I had quite a few friends in different bands. Whenever they would play at a venue and I got invited to go watch them play I felt like this was my motto having to tell people over and over again that I was there, "with the band" showing them whatever badge or ID was required. So there you have it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tripmine253
I'm pretty impartial to aliases honestly, simply because I grew up online :) I thought it would cool to use the name TripMine because "if you step to me, I go off!" is clever and i'm a 3 tour combat veteran with a short fuse. 253 because I have spent most of my Army career at Fort Lewis, WA.