What are the origins of your username?

Guest SoundOfDeath

Guest Shabutti
Hello all! My name is actually a misspelling of the rock band who would later be Coheed and Cambria.

I love Coheed and Cambria! Saw them live when I used to live in NJ. They put on a good show. Have you ever read the comics?

I've seen them live a couple of times as well! Both in DC. Don't listen to them much anymore though. I haven't read the comics, but I have friends that have. I hear they are good and the music loosely follows the stories (I'm guessing X/ )

Guest LTC.DentalMav=US=

So I posted this earlier, but its been a while so I figure I should repost.

I chose my name back when I was a Dental Student in 2007 before becoming and Oral and Maxillofacial surgeon. Mav is the nickname I had in College. Soooo...ya.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Metal_Jacket

So many to list. From Alice in chains, Metallica,slayer, Megadeth, pearl jam, Smashing pumkens

just a few.I also play guitar, im not great not bad ethier, lol.

• 3 months later...
Guest Sparky287

I see this Thread open soooo I guess I should've committed to it sooner.

I got my name Sparky originally from a pet Gerbil my classmates had back in 3rd grade from years 2008 - 2009, and with my personality of always being bright I tend to be a bit hyper. Also seeing that my enjoyment in blowing things up for fun as well as being up close and personal, I feel like it adds more to my name.

• 3 months later...
Guest arg0x
Mine is a corruption of the word argox, a mixture of argon and oxygen used in technical diving, diving that takes place far below the limit of recreational diving. It is something I have always wanted to do, which also lead me to volunteer for the submarine service.

Guest JimAlmeida

Oh well, let's give this thread a go, shall we?

My username is my name. Simple and efficent. Except the part where Jim is just a translation from my portuguese name, so all the gentlemen here won't find themselves in trouble trying to call me.

Guest RET.CPT.Distortion=US=

Well, since you posted here.

My name orginates back when i was a kid and had a ridiculous name on the good old xbox 360 days. MoNsTeRKiRbY14 was my original gamertag. Got tired of it after like 6-7 years and needed a new gamertag. Found my inspiration for my new gamertag from mountain dew believe it or not. It was when they were trying to get new cans or new flavors out for test trial and they had a flavor called "distortion." So i changed my name to IDiisToIRTiioNx, I know the i's are a little excessive but, back in the day, that meant you rekt people so deal with it. Any ways i got tired of people not being able to read my name because of the i's so, i changed it to itsDistortionx so people don't get confused on what my name is.

Guest ShotgunSelfy
One day it was just me slowly becoming a grumpy old fuddy duddy and started wishing that all those people who are obsessed with taking selfies would just take a selfie with a shotgun instead. Initially I only planned to use the name one day while playing Rocket League but I got several comments from players who loved the name so I kept it.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Killjointica
Well, about thirteen years ago it was a name that I kind of just started using, feeling that "Killjoy" was a bit to straightforward if not overused. On top of that, I got the idea from a friend who was rather intoxicated and kept saying Killjointica rather than Killjoy. The rest is history. However, I typically go by SlamifiedBuddafied, but never changed it in Origin. So if anything, it's just another alter ego that I keep going due to familiarity.

• 4 months later...
Guest digit4lgh0st

My buddies and I used to play Ghost Recon on the original Xbox. 2 xboxes, 2 tvs, 4 man squad. Unfortunately for my buddies, I was terrible at the game and was usually the first one dead. After dying I'd spectate and try to call out enemy positions and such. They told me I was a better ghost than I was a soldier, and eventually it stuck.

I started using it online when CoD4: Modern Warfare released, ghost was obviously taken, so I ended up with gh0st. I used Sgtgh0st1981 when I played BFBC2 on PS3, I was a sergeant at a correctional facility at the time. I was Spec Ops gh0st on Xbox 360 for BF3 & BF4. When I built a new gaming PC and started playing BF4 there I switched it to digit4l-gh0st because I'm usually the digital dead guy after charging a tank with a handful of C4...

• 5 months later...
Guest reesonnz
My best friend at the first year of high school was a Japenese guy Tsubasa Takahashi. He couldnt say my name correctly RIchard Leeson, it sounded more ike Lichard Reeson. My other, now life long friends thought that this was hillarious so they started calling me reeson. Its stuck 23 years later. I just added a nz for new zealand on the end and thats all she wrote.

Guest Whiplash

I started using that name when i was about 14 years old. I was starting to listen to music and gradualy evolved to metal, went for the classic. In the bus i was listening to ''Kill em' all '' Album- Metallica on my old ipod with no screen on it, for like 5 week straight.

58e3ed617f8a5-1-1.jpg

Guest JimAlmeida
Mine is simply from my initials and birthyear.

Clean, simple and effective. Choosing a nickname is not rocket science and yet many fail terribly at it. Congrats SN.

Guest Soulforged
Mine is simply from my initials and birthyear.

You should put your SSN in there too b/c I hear it's safe to do so.

• 2 months later...
Guest PFC.TheHamm32=US=
I used to play an RTS called stronghold 2. In the PvE mode their was an AI called The Hammer (he was the one you could never beat). When you select him in the menu all you can read is "the hamm" and being a 12yo I decided it was funny. I have used it for over a decade now as my handle. I shift between the full (thehamm32) and original (thehamm) name often, as its hard to get the name you want sometimes.

I started using this name back in 2014 when I joined a clan to play CoD competitively. We needed to use a name with the word "MOST" at the beginning. So with trial and error, I came up with "MOST_HumbleZ" because it rolled off the tongue very well. Throughout my time in the clan, everyone loved the name and recommended me to keep it instead of sticking with my old name "VintageAion".

VintageAion was originated back in 2009 when I was an game admin for a private server for Aion. The server name was Vintage Aion and I decided to take the name as my own when the server was taken down.

Now "VintageAion" I use to name any ingame inanimated object. For example, my main ships in Elite Dangerous has some form a "VintageAion" Variation. For example, my Python is named "USS VintageAion" and my Commander name is "CMDR HumbleZ",

• 1 year later...
Guest Wotenbjorn

Nothing like reviving a year dead thread.

Wotenbjorn is a combination of the original spelling of the norse god Odin and the norse word for bear, based on my lingering fascination (and resemblance to) bears both in the real world and as mythological symbols and my then reverence for norse mythology (at the time) and my lifelong pursuit and adoration for all things thought to be wise.

I also sometimes go by whiskey-bravo (for wotenbjorn) or, back when 1337 was cool, M4V3R1K.

That's... that's about it.

Guest PFC.L1quidSn4ke=US=
A friend of mine and I love the game Metal Gear Solid, when the X360 came out we both created an account and tried to think of usernames. Since him and I are like brothers, He went with SolidSnake and I took LiquidSnake.

Guest 1SG.Zain'ul-Abdin=US=

Necro-post in the house...

My nick goes back to Lord of Ultima in 2012 when I wanted a name that fit the theme of a Moorish lord who would rule over a soon-to-be powerful kingdom; I found it while reading a scanned-in version of an old text I dug up on Moorish history. When I started Eve Online, my friends who brought me to Eve from LoU after finishing that server begged me to keep it; how could I resist? Everyone shortens it to "Zain", but I'm good with that; and now it's pretty much my second identity.

Guest SSG.Saminator=US=
I got mine from a friend when i was a kid for how, well violent i was with G.I. Joes (would take a red marker and color in wounds) and in other games (yes I was THAT kid) lol. I hated it at first, but it just kinda stuck with my online usernames.