Just curious about the clans "Pulse" when it comes to this?

Guest Mestalfrun

Guest Mestalfrun

What are your opinions about EA's new Battlefield Premium? good, bad, I would like all of it! i was debating on getting it but I don't know yet, wanted second, opinions :P.

Also Reactions to this years E3... memes would be priceless ;)

Guest RET.SSgt.Haterade=US=

There's no reason not to get premium if you're planning on getting all the DLC anyway.

Including CQ, there are 3 upcoming DLC with each costing $15. So you're already dropping $45 into the game. For that extra $5 you get 2 weeks early access to DLC, premium server ques, exclusive videos and information about upcoming expansions, and other fun (albeit not too important) stuff like camos, dogtags, etc.

Guest M3ATSHI3LD

Including CQ there are 4 upcoming DLC at $15 so you actually save $10 for all of the rest of the DLC, $25 if you have none of the DLC and get a bunch of other mini-perks that are nice to have, but are not game changing. It is well worth the savings if you have the money now and are planning on getting all DLC.

I am very disappointed in a couple things in this last patch that didn't get attention and were even made worse, such as hit detection for some, but you still can't beat this game's team play factor which is off the charts.

So even with having to walk away frequently to rage over watching my rounds go straight through stationary people from close range and having them turn on me to get a near insta-gib I am still all for the Premium service.

Just my two cents.

Guest Guts4
Your correct. There is the upcoming Close Quarters, Armored Kill in September, Aftermath in December, and Endgame in March 2013. All in all $10 saved and some extra goodies to boot for a worthwhile experience especially if you'd already planned on getting all the DLC anyways.

Guest RET.SSgt.Haterade=US=
I keep on forgetting about Aftermath.... :P So there's really no reason to not get premium if you're planning on getting all the DLC.

Guest famusjupiter

This sounds like EA trying to cash in twice on stuff that DICE has already created.

I remember reading in more than one place that DLC is not made AFTER release, "when they have got a lot of time on their hands now and just want to make a few extra bucks while they've got no other games to work on", but it's actually made along with normal production - they get the main game, and stuff that didn't make it in, or extra stuff that for whatever reason wasn't included (purposefully, in this case), gets put on the "what we could include in DLC" list.

This is not "NEW battlefield stuff", this is an almost two year long marketing ploy that we, the players, are the unwitting targets of. This stuff has existed since before Battlefield 3 came out - and even though it seems pretty cool, I mean -really- cool, especially the new weapons and the new vehicles, here's the thing:

we're being charged twice for one game. This stuff was all in existence when BF3 came out, they just decided to release like 2/3 of it with the game, and save the other third to sell to us later on -- they are quite literally trying and succeeding at charging us twice for one item -- a businessman's DREAM - but the nightmare of a customer who cares about business conduct.

But I found this out from doing some research: All the shiny stuff they're including in this pack IS NOT INTENDED TO AND WILL NOT ACTUALLY, ALLOW THE PLAYER TO EXPERIENCE SOMETHING NEW FROM THE BF3 UNIVERSE THAT EVERYBODY ELSE WONT, WHO ONLY PAID FOR THE GAME ONCE. Think about this: everything they're putting out is a new, slightly adjusted version of something that's already in the game, just with a shiny new 'skin'. The player who doesn't pay doesn't lose out on anything, because they already bought the game -- and the player who does pay doesn't gain anything really, that other players can't get (as far as actual tactical and combat capability goes)!

This is something akin to 'balancing' for publishers: you want to give people good reason to buy your DLC, but you can't put anything in there that will significantly change the game, give ppl an upper hand possibly, or in any way "cheat" the customers who have only paid once. DLC is optional, not a mandatory paid update that's necessary to compete.

Having said that, I'm really looking forward to close quarters and the one that's after armored kill :) I like the idea of playing battlefield inside, which is basically unseen in the maps we have now.

I mean yeah some stuff they're releasing is pretty sweet looking, but I don't hear anybody saying anything about how you don't NEED to get this in order to remain 'relevant' in the game. You are NOT gonna suddenly start getting PWNED by guys that have Battlefield Premium - although you will be shocked the first time somebody kills you and the letters A U and G come up on the killcam :)

I guess I just wish publishers weren't so soulless. DICE, thank you for a wonderful game that just happens to have some c*a*p* aspects, and EA, you FAIL at life. That's how I feel about it.

---now where did I keep that extra money stash, cuz I can't stand the idea of everybody in the world being able to experience game stuff that I can't!! AAARRGH the pressure! lol

Guest RET.CPO.Čeh=US=
Including CQ there are 4 upcoming DLC at $15 so you actually save $10 for all of the rest of the DLC, $25 if you have none of the DLC and get a bunch of other mini-perks that are nice to have, but are not game changing. It is well worth the savings if you have the money now and are planning on getting all DLC.

I am very disappointed in a couple things in this last patch that didn't get attention and were even made worse, such as hit detection for some, but you still can't beat this game's team play factor which is off the charts.

So even with having to walk away frequently to rage over watching my rounds go straight through stationary people from close range and having them turn on me to get a near insta-gib I am still all for the Premium service.

Just my two cents.

Mybe you're shooting at the just spawned or revived guy. 'Cause they have spawn imortality. Happened to me few times and I was like:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1wDRFtD4i3SxF4kG9XNt_iQdrgn5EhsuH4EeddSkLCjZK_Bao4Q

Guest xSubo
mestal you silly sack of nuts!! good to hear from you bro how ya doin? and premium is worth it, the new guns are a blast to play with and you cant unlock them until next week i think w/o premium, maybe even in two weeks.

Guest Mestalfrun

Im not doing to bad, have a a lot more free time that I thought I would have, Jakup got pushed back a month lol.. so thought about rejoining but I have to wait till Aug 20th or something. Other than that I'm doing pretty well. Passed my drug test for my new job (because you know, I was worried I didn't study). Went Swimming and had a tan. Its been a crazy month and its starting to wind down. My uncle Jimmy passed away he had AIDS for the past 25 years. One leg, and a gun collection. So the entire family came up. It was nice seeing them when they weren't arguing xD. eh, I guess you could say im doing same old, same old. How is everyone?

EDIT: Also did a sick amount of landscaping already this year, the yard looks fantastic, Trimmed all the bushes, layed now 20bags of mulch, Weeded, planted bushes and bought Sandi a Shara Rose bush.

I was just popping in seeing how everyone felt about the content. Thinking about buying it but, it feels like a lot of money to place on DLC, I don't know I think ill wait till close quarters comes out and hear the general reaction

Guest BigMac530

Whats up Mestal ol' pal? Sorry to hear about your uncle passing...

Also did a sick amount of landscaping already this year, the yard looks fantastic, Trimmed all the bushes, layed now 20bags of mulch, Weeded, planted bushes and bought Sandi a Shara Rose bush.

Sounds like our MineCraft days. :) Remember when I made you teach me how to play?

Guest Mestalfrun
Whats up Mestal ol' pal? Sorry to hear about your uncle passing...

Sounds like our MineCraft days. :) Remember when I made you teach me how to play?

Thanks for the condolences. I do remember them, I went on the server a wile ago, No one was on. And i'm fairly positive someone found me secret stash of Diamond.

Archived