Upgrade Time

Guest CW4.Sharpz=US=

Guest CW4.Sharpz=US=

This year I am being treated to an upgrade of my choice. I want peoples opinions on what needs to be upgraded and what to. All help and comments will be greatly appreciated!

PC Rig:-

Case: Corsair Carbide 540

Mobo: ASUSTeK SABERTOOTH X79

CPU: Intel Core i7-4930K 3,400 MHz

CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680

RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR3 Vengeance

PSU: 750W Corsair CXM Builder series

Disk Drive: Pioneer BDC-207DBK 8x Blu-ray

HDD: 1TB Seagate ST1000DM003 Barracuda

SSDs: 128GB Samsung 840 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO

SSHD: 4TB Seagate

Monitors: 2x 27" AOC I2757FM LED IPS

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014

Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2014

Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1

Mouse Mat: Razer Goliathus Control

Mic: Blue Yeti

Webcam: Logitech 1080p

Little side night, this is not just for gaming but for high intensity programs such as video and 3D editing.

Guest MAJ.Spartan-S63=US=
The most beneficial upgrade based on those specs would probably be the graphics card. But even that won't get you all that many gains. If you were to go to a 980, you would improve your power efficiency and your graphics performance quite a bit.

Guest MAJ.Spartan-S63=US=
How should I go about connecting my monitors? Display Port to HDMI? Is there a more beneficial way of doing it?

From what it looks like, you have one DVI port, one HDMI port, and three DisplayPort connections on the card. You can connect one of those monitors via HDMI and the other monitor you can connect with a DVI to HDMI adapter or a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter. It doesn't matter either way. DisplayPort, HDMI, and DVI are all digital signals so interchanging between the two result in minimal, if any, signal loss.

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine

HDMI can handle up to 60hz refresh rate

DVI and DP can handle more than 60hz refresh rate

But since you have IPS you don't have to worry about higher refresh rates, my suggestion is you go with one DVI-D and one display port for each monitor. If you don't have a Display Port for the monitor then just use HDMI.

Archived