PS3 controller and PC

Guest Ghost.

Guest Ghost.
I was wondering if anyone knew how to get a PS3 controller to work on a PC as I can't seem to get it working myself. Any advice would be great thanks.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
If you can find a used 360 wireless controller they work much better out of the box. Almost any game that has an Xbox version will automatically map the controller correctly on PC. For PS3/PS4 many times you need to re-map for every game.

Guest slackin
Yeah but you have to remember sir some people enjoy the feel of one over the other I hated the feel of an Xbox controller for the longest time till I owned both consoles then I started to enjoy it but the feel of a PlayStation control as it's smaller just feels better

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
Fair enough. I've noticed PS4 controllers wear down a lot faster than Xbox ones, and I'm a bigger fan of not having to map the buttons for each game.

Guest RET.CWO2.Shortstacks=US=
I have used the same xbox controller for the last 2 years, i got it at gamestop for like 10 dollars

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
Games that were designed for controllers like Assassin's Creed, Skyrim, Witcher, Batman Arkham, NBA, Madden, etc they seem to play so much better with a controller.

Guest slackin
Only game I play using a controller is FIFA because the controls screw up with mouse and keyboard

Guest REDF1GHTER

have you gotten this to work??

if not

just use motioninjoy and if you want it wireless just use a bluetooth dongle

i use for my soccer games or for my girlfriend and friends who wont use a mice and keyboard.

Guest slackin
PFC we will have to get together some time and play some FIFA always looking for someone to play against that isn't from Europe or Russia they lag way to much which causes me to quit playing for a few days

• 2 months later...
Guest Phennyy

I personally still use a PS3 controller to play some games. I use Better DS3, which is essentially DS3 (MotioninJoy) using it's drivers in a separate Program.

http://betterds3.ciebiera.net/

The only reason I'd recommend this over the standard DS3 is because this one simply doesn't connect online, which is great for security reasons. On top of that, it just looks nicer and is more convenient to use.

Archived