[Desktop Build] My Future Desktop Build

Guest God0fFat

Guest God0fFat

I worked long and hard on this build....credits to Gen Darmine for giving me the original specs to build off of.

I call it The Super Build

CPU - Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor @ $374.99

CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler @ $103.99

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4P EATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard @ $273.98

Memory - G.Skill Value 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory @ $224.99

Storage - Samsung SM951 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive @ $386.99 AND Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive @ $85.99

Video Card - EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked Video Card @ $634.39

Case - Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case @ $99.99

Power Supply - EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply @ $117.99

Optical Drive - Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer @ $14.89

Sound Card - Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z 30SB150200000 OEM 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card @ $99.44

Wireless Network Adapter - TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter @ $37.24

Case Fan - Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (2-Pack) 39.9 CFM 120mm Fans @ $24.15

Monitor - BenQ XL2411Z 144Hz 24.0" Monitor @ $274.63

Total: $2753.65

Please reply if you have an comments or tips. I want to use this PC for at least 1.5y before I upgrade anything.

I already have a mouse and keyboard so I won't need those. If you guys find any of these items on sale or on Craigslist/Ebay for cheap, I will pay for the product plus shipping (if it will be cheaper in total).

Guest slackin

That is the most unprotected ssd I have ever seen. From what I can see it's a good build however when do you plan on having the built by

Sent from my U9200 using Tapatalk

Guest RET.1SG.Draven=US=

Nice! VERY close to what I have already in my current build. I am not very familiar with Gigabyte boards, however I have heard they have great products.

The CPU will rock your socks bro! For the money: it is absolutely the best proc money can buy right now :) The only thing I would recommend is going LOWER on the RAM...are you really going to have a need for 32GBs? I am running multiple applications right now and this thing never slows down. You could save a little money and go with 16GB...just a mere suggestion.

Other than that it look great!

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i7 5820K Haswell 6-Core 3.3GHz

MOBO: ASUS Rampage V Extreme LGA 2011-V3 w/OC panel

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw X 4 Series 16GB DDR4 3000MHZ

GPU: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G GOLD EDITION

PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800W 80 Plus Semi-Modular Cooler Master

HEATSINK: Hydro Series Extreme H100i

MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Gaming Mouse

KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Gunmetal Chery MX Blue (Modded with 008 Buna-N O-Ring, 50A Durometer)

SOUND CARD: Creative Sound Blaster x7 LIMITED EDITION (WHITE)

HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD650 headphones

MIC: Blue Snowball Mic

CASE: Cooler Master Storm Stryker White Full Tower

PRIMARY MONITOR: BenQ 1ms GTG XL2720Z 27 3D LED

SECONDARY MONITOR: ASUS VH236H 23 2ms LCD

X2 SAMSUNG EVO SSD'S 128GB

1TB HDD

2TB EXTERNAL HDD

3TB HDD

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine
Samsung SM951 512GB M.2-2280 these types of drives are having a hard time with installing Windows OS(Its new tech so it still has bugs that need to be worked out.). I recommend a Samsung Evo 512GB.

Guest God0fFat
That is the most unprotected ssd I have ever seen. From what I can see it's a good build however when do you plan on having the built by

Thank you for the input A1C, but what do you mean by unprotected SSD?

Guest God0fFat
Nice! VERY close to what I have already in my current build. I am not very familiar with Gigabyte boards, however I have heard they have great products.

The CPU will rock your socks bro! For the money: it is absolutely the best proc money can buy right now :) The only thing I would recommend is going LOWER on the RAM...are you really going to have a need for 32GBs? I am running multiple applications right now and this thing never slows down. You could save a little money and go with 16GB...just a mere suggestion.

Other than that it look great!

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i7 5820K Haswell 6-Core 3.3GHz

MOBO: ASUS Rampage V Extreme LGA 2011-V3 w/OC panel

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw X 4 Series 16GB DDR4 3000MHZ

GPU: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G GOLD EDITION

PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800W 80 Plus Semi-Modular Cooler Master

HEATSINK: Hydro Series Extreme H100i

MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Gaming Mouse

KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Gunmetal Chery MX Blue (Modded with 008 Buna-N O-Ring, 50A Durometer)

SOUND CARD: Creative Sound Blaster x7 LIMITED EDITION (WHITE)

HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD650 headphones

MIC: Blue Snowball Mic

CASE: Cooler Master Storm Stryker White Full Tower

PRIMARY MONITOR: BenQ 1ms GTG XL2720Z 27 3D LED

SECONDARY MONITOR: ASUS VH236H 23 2ms LCD

X2 SAMSUNG EVO SSD'S 128GB

1TB HDD

2TB EXTERNAL HDD

3TB HDD

Thank you PFC, the reason I have so much ram is due to the fact that I want a lot of wiggle room. I tend to multi-task so I do want any speed issues when it comes to calculations in my personal progs (I am a SWE) and other programs. Also I well start making my own videos and gfx so again that relates. Finally, I plan to have this build for at least 7 years so I don't want to "go low" now.

Guest God0fFat
Samsung SM951 512GB M.2-2280 these types of drives are having a hard time with installing Windows OS(Its new tech so it still has bugs that need to be worked out.). I recommend a Samsung Evo 512GB.

Thank you the most GEN Darmine. I have been doing a lot of research on building a computer that will not fall behind the standard of High End Machines in the next 7 years. I will do some more research on that SSD. It was the best value for space/quality so I look into the EVO.

Guest MAJ.Spartan-S63=US=
Thank you the most GEN Darmine. I have been doing a lot of research on building a computer that will not fall behind the standard of High End Machines in the next 7 years. I will do some more research on that SSD. It was the best value for space/quality so I look into the EVO.

The nice part about M.2 form-factor SSDs is that they're not bound by the SATA3 6Gbps bandwidth. Their bandwidth is much higher. PCIe and M.2 SSDs are the way to go as far as speed is concerned.

Guest God0fFat
The nice part about M.2 form-factor SSDs is that they're not bound by the SATA3 6Gbps bandwidth. Their bandwidth is much higher. PCIe and M.2 SSDs are the way to go as far as speed is concerned.

Yeah, I was researching that this SSD in particular is one that sets a bar for speed in the market as of late.

Guest slackin

By unprotected I mean it doesn't have a hard shell to protect it against damage

Guest RET.CPT.Hammerwolf53=US=

I've had the Samsung 1TB 840 Evo since it came out and it has been outstanding. In the past I've had smaller size SSD's and they filled up way too fast. Get the biggest size you can afford. The SSD is IMO the 3rd most important component. RAM choices give you minimal performance boosts.

My rec: Buy the largest capacity SSD you can afford and get only the 16 gigs of RAM as suggested. RAID 0 is fine, but can be problematic. (If that is what you intended to do)

Archived