Windows Problems

Guest CW4.Sharpz=US=

Guest CW4.Sharpz=US=

So I decided to reset my windows so I had a clean start at it. I downloaded the Windows Media onto a USB drive because apparently some files were missing the first time.

With the USB in everything started well, the Mobo image came up with a percentage displaying how far along the reset was. So I left it be. Then the windows blue came up and stated that "there was a problem resetting your pc" so I click cancel and reset the computer. When it loaded up again via the USB, the windows 8 setup came up with options to Install Now or Repair your computer.

I chose repair first and clicked troubleshoot. From there I tried both Refresh and Reset your PC. Both came up with the problem before, there was a problem resetting your pc or Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing.

So I tried Advanced options. I had no previous System Restores apparently so I couldn't try that. I couldn't use the Backup Image option either.

Start-up Repair couldn't repair your PC

So I tried installing now but my product key wasn't the same as the boot image.

I wouldn't even bother with Windows 8 anymore and by the sounds of it your hd is corrupted which is why it's telling you there is a partition missing best I can say is format and reinstall if it still gives you errors you will have to get a new hard drive

Sent from my U9200 using Tapatalk

It's free and you don't need a key to install just skip when it asks you for one only downside is pirated games have a chance of windows shutting them down

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

To have a valid Windows 10 when using a upgrade from Win8 or Win7 you have to install Win7/8 first. It is dumb but unless you purchase Windows 10 itself you won't get a key (last I read, I have a few machines that have been juggled around).

What is your HD situation? Do you have a system drive and an application drive, or is everything on one. If multiple what are the partitions setup as?

Were you trying to reset and keep your files/applications or reset back to factory default?

Guest CW4.Sharpz=US=

I have two hard drives currently plugged in. A operating system and application one and I games one. Both SSDs. I have unplugged my two other data ones (yay for hot swap)

I'm wanted to reset to factory default

I'm pretty sure to have a valid copy code for 10 it's just your windows 8 or 7 cd key could be wrong and to reset just format it with an install disk

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Silentstrand
I never did the Win 7/8/8.1 upgrade to 10, simply because when I went into windows update and downloaded it and clicked the install button, nothing happened. Fortunately for me the Community College I attend goes through Microsoft and as an IT major, windows likes to give us free products. With that being said I was able to get a legitimate copy of Windows 10 with a code for free. I would say, that the update to download Win 10 probably embedded with its own Serial. So, if it were me I would reinstall Win 7 or 8 again and then go to update windows again. Let me know if you need help.

Archived