Lack of funding

Guest Jones

So I would like to make some upgrades to my pc. Particularly a monitor with a higher refresh rate and a second gtx 970 graphics card. Due to medical reasons I am currently unemployed, so I don't have incoming cash to put to the project. Is it reasonable or ethical to use a crowdfunding source like KickStarter to raise money for my project?

Guest Hornet117

Personal philosophy here friend: "reasonable" or "ethical" are terms used by people to approve or condemn the actions of others... whether or not its any of their business.

Question 1: Would doing so bother you personally? (If "yes" then don't do it. If "no" then do it.)

Question 2: Is it illegal? (If "yes" then don't do it. If "no" then do it.)

Question 3: Will other people judge you for doing it? (If "yes" DO IT ANYWAYS. If "no" then do it.)

But hey, that's just me.

Guest Crowley
So I would like to make some upgrades to my pc. Particularly a monitor with a higher refresh rate and a second gtx 970 graphics card. Due to medical reasons I am currently unemployed, so I don't have incoming cash to put to the project. Is it reasonable or ethical to use a crowdfunding source like KickStarter to raise money for my project?

Last time I checked RT, GTX 970 can run most games to date with good performance. You said yourself - you are unemployed. You have no income - no means to make it happen on your own. The stuff that you need is a luxury good - you can do just fine without it. Take it from my example. I just bought a PC for around $2500 and I use it to play World of Tanks and games from 1999. But the difference between us is that I have means to do so. Asking for money when you already have a really good card is just going to come out as greedy. Even though I have a new PC now - I get the exact same enjoyment I did before. Of course it is in ultra-hd now, but you will be surprised how fast that stuff wears off and becomes... not-special anymore.

Guest RET.TSgt.Warlord=US=
I'd wait until you're in better hands. If you already have a 970 gtx card, you don't need another it would do much except balance the wear and tear of one graphics card. The monitor, i'd just slowly save for, gaming and gaming accessories are a luxury and not a necessity.

Archived