Windows 10 Boot Error

Guest MAJ.Spartan-S63=US=

Hey guys, I'm having an issue where Windows 10 won't boot. This is the second time it's happened. I solved it the first time by reinstalling Windows 10 altogether.

The error I'm getting is a screen at boot up that winload.exe is missing or corrupted and it gives me an error code 0xe000000c. From the research I've done it looks like the boot record is being corrupted so I'm wondering if my SSD is starting to fail on me.

I've tried using Windows' automated startup repair and I've tried doing repairs through the command prompt but nothing's worked so far.

Anyone have any ideas on what else to try or whether it could be hardware related?

Guest PFC.Argasio=US=
Personally my computer had boot errors and couldn't work because of a motherboard failure, but in your case it might be as you sugggest the ssd,try to mount a different drive with windows on it and see if it starts.

Personally my computer had boot errors and couldn't work because of a motherboard failure, but in your case it might be as you sugggest the ssd,try to mount a different drive with windows on it and see if it starts.

While I haven't tried booting Windows from another drive, I have booted an Arch Linux live disk from a USB drive to check the SMART status of my SSD. The SSD looks fine according to its SMART status, but something is corrupting the boot table. Still not sure what it is.

Guest RET.Maj.ShadowOp=US=
While I haven't tried booting Windows from another drive, I have booted an Arch Linux live disk from a USB drive to check the SMART status of my SSD. The SSD looks fine according to its SMART status, but something is corrupting the boot table. Still not sure what it is.

CW2,

Are you on the latest firmware. I know i had corruption issues with an older ocz firmware on my drive a while back.

CW2,

Are you on the latest firmware. I know i had corruption issues with an older ocz firmware on my drive a while back.

I would assume not considering it's a four-year old Samsung 830 Pro and I've never updated the firmware on it. I suppose it's worth a shot. I'll try that out. I'll probably do it under Linux, or something.

• 3 months later...
Guest Karval

Sounds like a corrupted OS.

If you have access to a second computer, what you can do to fix your issue is to download a ISO copy of windows and setup a bootable flashdrive. Then, in the BIOS, set up the boot order to boot from Flash drive and then reinstall windows. If you have important stuff on your harddrive, I recommend switching the harddrive out, reinstall Windows on that, then connect your old harddrive and transfer it to new one.

Sounds like a corrupted OS.

If you have access to a second computer, what you can do to fix your issue is to download a ISO copy of windows and setup a bootable flashdrive. Then, in the BIOS, set up the boot order to boot from Flash drive and then reinstall windows. If you have important stuff on your harddrive, I recommend switching the harddrive out, reinstall Windows on that, then connect your old harddrive and transfer it to new one.

There wasn't much I cared about on the drive at the time. Mostly games, since I do all my real work on my Macbook Pro. Turns out that this one program would corrupt my OS/boot table. Not sure why, but it would. Either way, the issue is resolved now.

Archived