Its Alive!!!!

Guest RTL

http://i.imgur.com/MT6qprz.jpg

And after installing this new unit I have to say after a quick jet of bench test incredible card well worth the money and the wait. That being said in comparison to my friends 1080 I would not waste the extra money for almost no net benefit for gaming.

Guest RET.LT.Padarom=US=

Any particular reason you chose the EVGA version 1stSgt? I'm likely getting the MSI 1070 once it's available again, but am still undecided. I have a µATX case too, so the GPU can only be ~285mm long

edit: Even got that wrong. The last GPU I bookmarked was the EVGA 1070 SC, so I probably wanted to go with that one

The EVGA super clocked runs faster than the MSI, Looks much cooler and also I have never had a problem with the EVGA customer service or product where I have frequently found MSI sub par. The SC EVGA 1070 was the best buy in my mind however I am sure there are different experiances. I will post a before and after of my 670 to the 1070 showing the full card as well.

Guest RET.LT.Padarom=US=
Roger, thanks 1stSgt :) I've seen some benchmarks of the cards I was looking out for and the ASUS Strix was pretty much the best, but only with about 3-5% difference to the EVGA. I heard that its fans are much more quiet and it has the highest overclock potential (as it has one of the lowest base clock out of the bunch), at a still reasonable price. Ordered mine today after I saw yours, it should be here in less than 11 hours :)

I know you definitely cannot go wrong with any 1070 and good luck with the strix! I did see that one I just trust my brand (tons of EVGA parts in my PC too) ;) I can say on my EVGA the fans are running extremely quiet and I don't seem to be able to hear them over my liquid cooler fans.

It will be interesting as more of our gamer's get these to see who gets which card! The founders edition looked really cool but the logo on the side glowing sold me in the store too lol

Guest RET.LT.Padarom=US=

I think my message was misleading, I also bought the EVGA SC ;) I might have gotten the ASUS, but it's too big for my µATX case

The glowing logo on the side is present on I think all of the custom designs too. Most also have LEDs next to the fans, which I don't get, because you aren't really able to see them in a normal case

The SC has LEDs on the ends and the fan in an off white. Its pretty cool looking and with my blue tower lights it actually gives it a neat blue glare. Additionally if you have the Ge force Experience software you can set it to a patter of glow for instance mine is on a heartbeat so it goes bright up and down on lights in a heart beat motion

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
My water cooler radiant fans and HDD are the only thing I hear now

I was able to nab a 1TB SSD from the Amazon Prime day sale for ~$160. I've moved all my games to that drive. I have my OS on a 120GB SSD so unless I'm watching media on my large HDDs my computer is super quiet now. Half the reason I got it was how loud my 1TB gaming HDD was getting when loading up games/apps.

Nice setup though. I'm hoping to get a 1070 soon and selling my 980 to a friend.

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/Darmine/EVGA%201070%20FTW.png

I also did some research and bought two EVGA FTW 1070s. 1080 is a very small performance bump for 3-400 more USD. I go with EVGA because they have the best customer service in the industry, also the LEDs are RGB so you can pick any color/colour(brits). I ordered these from evga and they literally called me within the hour to confirm it was me and to thank me for my order. Who does that these days lol not many companies.

Guest CW4.Sharpz=US=
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/Darmine/EVGA%201070%20FTW.png

I also did some research and bought two EVGA FTW 1070s. 1080 is a very small performance bump for 3-400 more USD. I go with EVGA because they have the best customer service in the industry, also the LEDs are RGB so you can pick any color/colour(brits). I ordered these from evga and they literally called me within the hour to confirm it was me and to thank me for my order. Who does that these days lol not many companies.

Thanks sir. Without that, I wouldn't have understood what you were saying

I re affirm my EVGA love. Best customer service in industry ive had!! A few years back I had a thermal problem with a new card and within 3 days I had a new card and they actually called from tech service to check if it worked correctly. Truly in an age with no service EVGA stands out.

Archived