Best wifi router for gaming and streaming?

Guest Monkey

I'm switching to a different internet company which allows you to purchase your own modem/router compared with AT&T where I had to use their equipment. I was wondering if you guys had any opinions on a good modems/routers. I want to be able to stream HD on my roku which will be about 50 feet away from the router. I was thinking maybe something like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DDXZJK6?ref=emc_b_5_t&th=1 but if you guys have a better/cheaper option let me know.

Guest ShotgunSelfy

Asus Routers are the best and they have a full range of routers in regards to price and performance. It boils down to how much do you want to spend.

The modems however are all pretty much the same. All you have to do is ensure that you buy a DOCSIS 3.0 and one that matches the maximum channel bonding that your ISP provides. However, keep in mind that Channel Bonding is not as important because is some cases an ISP with 16x4 channel bonding performs the same across 16x4, 8x4, or even 4x4 so use google and see if its worth going for higher bonding. I bought a 32x8 and its no faster than a 8x4 with my current ISP, so I could have saved money and bought a cheaper modem but... maybe my ISP will upgrade one day. :/

I am a fan of Arris Surfboard modems though.

Guest SiliconShock
I second what Amn.Shotgunselfy has to say about DOCSIS 3.0 modems when I was looking I went for a Motorola modem. For routers I have used two linkys routers and both started giving me trouble after about 3-4 years of use. I have moved to a Netgear router been on this one for about six years now with no problems. Like Amn said how bunch do you want to spend or can you spend. Definitely Go for DOCSIS 3.0....

Archived