High Cpu Temp

Guest ThugStep

Guest ThugStep

Hey Soldiers! i have a biggest problem i have faced over 3 weeks now, and i have no ideas left to fix that high temperature problem on CPU.

yes it is even on idle if i close all the programs

i have changed a thermal paste meny times and CPU is running on stock voltages.

also i don't use stock Intel air cooler i use a Corsair GT110I liquid cooler (almost 1 year)

is there someone who have faced something like that, i would like to play again

Guest PFC.Hawkeye366=US=

Seaman,,

The biggest issue I have seen in the past for this model was its failure after several months of use.

We have a client who built a gaming pc with one of theses and twice in the past year he has had to replace his cooler.In his case though he may have been blowing the coolers due to the poor air circulation going to his pc. He had the unit in an enclosed compartment that had only one airvent .

Once he moved his rig to a new location he has not had a problem.

If you have reapplied new paste when reseating and made sure everything is nice and secure. Then it may be the unit is bad

Are the fans on the cooler running higher than it was previously?

Guest ThugStep

yes i have. i downloaded a intel program for cpu test and it told it is fine

my CPU is a 3930K S2011 old but good

and i told that problem started a 3 weeks ago

Guest ShotgunSelfy
If you are having heat issues at idle then there can only be one culprit. If the cooler is still under warranty then RMA it before your CPU is destroyed.

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine
You should buy thermal paste and remove the plate for the CPU cooler and clean then re-apply (small dot should do). Make sure you tighten your plate back down the same way you would a tire on your car, in a star/X pattern. To determine if the pump dies feel the radiator, if the radiator is hot to the touch then the water is not flowing, if its luke warm then you may need to re-apply paste and re-seat the plate.

Guest Soulforged

Have you tried testing the temp with a different program like Core Temp to rule out software bugs?

When at idle is it very hot to touch?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ThugStep

Well now i know where i had a problem.

It was corsair h110i waterpump and now its not working, temp was 100 and got overheat protection so it restarted a system and then i notised the steam from cpu cooler might have a water damage but i hope best. At work i already made list of new rig if the cpu or vga have damage

Archived