Troubleshooting Lag

Guest RET.1stSgt.Seventy-3=US=

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MegatanoK

For the looks of it, it seems like it's Internet related, not hardware related, like input lag, or loss of frames, anyways, I would try to defrag the disk the game is on, since over time, with the stuff you put on it, it can be pretty fragmented, does this happen on every other game, or just BF4? If this only happens with BF4, then there must be something your computer is doing to block incoming packets, but if you portforwarded and activated a DMZ for it, then it must be your own PC causing it somehow.

Try the disks part and report back, 1stSgt

Guest RET.1SG.Draven=US=
For the looks of it, it seems like it's Internet related, not hardware related, like input lag, or loss of frames, anyways, I would try to defrag the disk the game is on, since over time, with the stuff you put on it, it can be pretty fragmented, does this happen on every other game, or just BF4? If this only happens with BF4, then there must be something your computer is doing to block incoming packets, but if you portforwarded and activated a DMZ for it, then it must be your own PC causing it somehow.

I love how a Recruit is on here trying to help. Says a lot about him. Kudos to you, RT.Megatanok - you continue to impress me :)

Guest MegatanoK

I love how a Recruit is on here trying to help. Says a lot about him. Kudos to you, RT.Megatanok - you continue to impress me :)

Thanks for that, Chief, I'm just trying my best to help our members!.

Guest RET.1stSgt.Seventy-3=US=

I think it has been figured out. Last night I did a clean install, and still fragmented this morning. It's definitely running smoother. Hopefully it lasts.

I also set my defragging to nightly

Archived