Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky

Guest Killjointica

Guest Killjointica

I just thought I'd bring this man, once a genius among men in terms of composition and music structure, to attention. I put this up, because this is a man deserving to have his work heard by all at least once in their life. But of all his work, whether you've heard the famous

or stumbled across the abysmally beautiful
; his absolute and what I would call defining masterpiece is his final symphony, Symphony Six (performed by Seoul Philharmonic Orchestra). The very which you hear this mans very soul translated for all to ponder on and coincidentally and sadly, died nine days after it's first performance which he orchestrated himself. So do yourself a favor and find one hour out of your life and at the very least find the time to hear his last symphony at the bare minimum. Though my opinion may be flawed here, but it is my firm belief that if the world over were experience that single symphony at least once in their life, the world would be far richer for it.

Note: All links are to Youtube. Depending on your geographic location, some videos may not be available.

Guest Whiplash
When you warm up for practice. You start with Rossini - William Tell Overture. When you see the squad getting along and loading screen : The ride of the Valkyries from "Die Walküre" -Richard Wagner.

Archived