The next Battlefield: Bad Company 3?

Guest AudioChocolate

Guest AudioChocolate

Great news Unknown Soldiers!

I believe it is fair to say Battlefield 1 failed to meet the expectations of the BF community, especially for those who have been with the franchise since the beginning. Well, in the past 24 hours, popular YouTuber AlmightyDaq announced a rumor suggesting that DICE will be taking a break from the traditional all out warfare of the franchise to focus its efforts in rebooting the long-awaited Bad Company series. For those who are unaware, Battlefield Bad Company was an experimental game where DICE put historical accuracy aside (to a reasonable extent) in favor of developing a game centered around a comedic, and very theatrical story. The initial attempt, Battlefield Bad Company 1, was very successful and DICE quickly followed up with the sequel Bad Company 2, which became the most liked game in the franchise. DICE returned the franchise to its roots with BF3, BF4, and BF1. Now, the company may be returning to continue the Bad Company legacy.

So it's just a rumor?

Technically yes...

The YouTuber, AlmightyDaq is known for leaking credible rumors regarding game development at EA. In mid-2016, he posted a video which leaked DICE's plans for BF1 long before any formal announcements were made. Multiple popular gaming magazines have already backed his claims here, here, and here. In the YouTube comments, he claims to have received this information from the same source that informed him of BF1.

"Other YouTubers already know..."

In his video, AlmightDaq explains that most well-known Battlefield YouTubers are already aware of the game's development progress and have been asked to keep it quiet. Other "speculation" videos about BFBC3 are referencing the actual work of EA DICE.

What might we expect?

AlmightyDaq gave some insight to the new Bad Company game. While these details currently remain a rumor and should be taken with a grain of salt, it is very possible they reflect real mechanics of the new game.

- Historical Timeline: mid-post Vietnam through the cold war, though not intended to be "entirely historically accurate".

- Vehicles: Modern tanks, helicopters, etc. are expected to return.

- Game modes: Conquest, TDM, squad domination, operations, and rush. For those who haven't played Bad Company 2, you haven't truly experienced a real rush game play until you've tried it Bad Company style :thumbsup: .

- Maps: Less all out warfare, like BF4 and BF1. Focuses on "tighter game play". Think of Bad Company 2's Oasis and Harvest Day maps.

- Weapons & Customization: Obviously, Vietnam/Cold war era weapons. The kit/vehicle/player customization is expected step away from the limited flexibility of BF1 in favor of mirroring BF4's robust customization system.

- Microtransactions? NOOOOOOOOOOPE.... after Battlefront 2, they wouldn't dare :D

- Battle packs? Nope, likely ditching those too.

- Game play: "Faster tempo than BF1, higher skill gap, increased longevity of games...allows more versatile tactical game play". Not expected to emphasize vehicles as much as BF4, so infantry players still have a chance. On the other hand, vehicle game play won't feel as dry as in BF1.

Announcement date?

Expect an announcement at the annual E3 gaming conference in June 2018.

Estimated Release Date

EA games has shown a trend in releasing its most popular games around Nov. 15 (give or take a couple days). We should expect its release to follow that timeline.

What do you think?

Are you looking forward to the next Battlefield? What are your thoughts about the possibility of a new Bad Company game?

Yep I heard about this... Shame that BF1 wasn't what I was expecting...only good thing about that game is that he took me to this place so after all something good come out from BF1 :thumbsup:

Guest JimAlmeida
I have faith that it will be BFBC3. EA must play a good card with DICE now, lest they start losing some huge money. I've always wanted Cold War, it will be a dream come true.

Guest MegatanoK
I have faith that it will be BFBC3. EA must play a good card with DICE now, lest they start losing some huge money. I've always wanted Cold War, it will be a dream come true.

What would you do in a game focused on the Cold War? Spy on each other for 40 minutes and whoever gets more intel wins?

Also, I got so hyped for BF1 I bought it Day One, but it quickly burned me off as it was not what I was expecting at all, it has ever since been colecting Dust on my Origin dashboard.

I did enjoy Bad Company 2 a lot, I really hope DICE manages to hit the nail with this new release, and let's hope EA doesn't get her filthy, greedy hands on the development process.

I am hyped for a Battlefield game once again.

Guest MegatanoK

What would you do in a game focused on the Cold War? Spy on each other for 40 minutes and whoever gets more intel wins?

Also, I got so hyped for BF1 I bought it Day One, but it quickly burned me off as it was not what I was expecting at all, it has ever since been colecting Dust on my Origin dashboard.

I did enjoy Bad Company 2 a lot, I really hope DICE manages to hit the nail with this new release, and let's hope EA doesn't get her filthy, greedy hands on the development process.

I am hyped for a Battlefield game once again.

As in, TOTALLY CENTERED IN THE COLD WAR, I did ran through my words there.

Guest JimAlmeida
Bay of Pigs? Korean War? Vietnam? Soviet-Afghan War? What else do you need in the Cold War? And this is only if we remain to the real history, if we go to fiction then you could have USSR vs USA battles in both Russian and American homelands, battles in the then divided Germany and much more. Spying...

Guest CPT.Vanarambaion=US=

DICE is a subsidiary of EA. Has been since... 2005? 2006? Something like that. So EA is always going to have their fingers on it.

In a game focused on the Cold War, you'd fight a proxy war. There are many examples.

Archived