Checking In!

Guest RET.1SG.Draven=US=

Guest RET.1SG.Draven=US=

Hey all!

I am still in the Philippines on LOA, but wanted to reach out to the clan and say "Hello" :)

The trip is going good so far, other than the fact I spent an evening in a local hospital with the worst case of food poisoning EVER...the good news I am all better, the bad news is - even though I went to the ER here, I never once saw an actual "Doctor", but did get treated and I am back on my feet.

Spent some time at the beginning of the trip off the grid visiting her family in a rather remote area of Mindanao and I am PRETTY sure I am the only American many of these people have EVER seen lol...

Been taking it easy the past few days getting back on my feet, and should be going back to the beach and do some parasailing and scuba diving tomorrow.

See you all on the 5th when I return!

Guest Psyren136

This sounds like the beginning to the best B movie horror ever lol.

Glad you are having fun and enjoying yourself. Be careful out there and we can't wait to have you back.

Guest RET.CPT.Hammerwolf53=US=

SCPO,

Good to hear from you Bro. The scuba diving should be awesome. I hear there's some big tame jelly fish you can pet. ;) Do watch out for the black snakes though.

And stop eating the raw monkey brains.

ENS

Guest RET.1SG.Draven=US=

lol thanks Gentlemen. These comments made me smile. I miss you all.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Guest RET.1SG.Draven=US=

Thank you, Gentlemen.

I am staying as safe as can be expected. After all, this is the first time I have been overseas without a weapon of any kind (at least ones that TSA didn't detect, that is :)

Oh...the joys of carbon fiber :)

I will explain more once I return.

Guest JimAlmeida

You gotta write those school essays: "My vacations in ..."

We'll be waiting on it., SCPO. There's extra points for pictures.

Guest RET.1SG.Draven=US=
You gotta write those school essays: "My vacations in ..."

We'll be waiting on it., SCPO. There's extra points for pictures.

PO1,

I can't take a picture of something that technically doesn't exist.

And LTJG, since I was careful enough to ship this item ahead of time, it was waiting for me (in parts) when I got there. All I did was take magazines (not illegal, if not loaded) and the bolt. I purchased the ammo once I was there, and then was able to put the pistol together without any suspicions. You all didn't think that Draven would travel without personal protection, did you? ;)

The rest of the pistol was carbon fiber and was custom-made from an old friend down South.

And on a side note, the lightest ccw I have ever carried.

Archived