This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I'm waiting for EA Play to make up my mind although I'm likely to purchase it unless it crashes & burns. I think they tried and failed with the trailer. They used a different video editing team. However, listening to the Westie and Gamespot, who got to see the game in action for 3 hrs, I believe the game will focus on teamplay more than ever. Having limited ammo and not being able to regen all your health will have a meaningful effect on gameplay. That said, I hope the DICE adds more clan support, including custom servers. Also, the squad leaders will have more assets at their disposal. This should greatly enhance our practices.
    GLHF,
    PO2.Pluckmuckel
  • MajGen.Kaossilator=US= wrote:

Looks incredible!

Top points for me were seeing the sandbag/walls and attack vehicles being limited on ammo same as infantry. Also much less 3d spotting might make me want to play more vanilla, assuming hardcore is still a thing.
    Thought the same MajGen about vanilla. I like what I'm seeing about squad work this could be one of the best points of this game.
  • I'm looking forward to the release. But as much as I would love to pre-order right here right now, I'm going to wait and see if a beta is released to see how the game feels and runs on my PC. According to the supposed minimum requirements. But then again, there are a number of games I've played that require a higher end CPU. So I'm honestly under the impression that BF5 will be fairly well optimized. Though correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it using Frostbite 4 whereas BF1 used Frostbite 3? Though Frostbite has never had any real problems to my understanding.
  • I think the minimum and max requirements will be reasonable because Nvidia is not planning to release the 11 series any time soon. Plus, the game still needs to look good on PS4/Xbox One. At E3, they are running BFV on the 1080 TI.

At E3, BFV appears to be getting good feedback. DICE appears to be leaning into what made Battlefield games great and more importantly the gunplay has been tighten up. I'm can't wait for the beta, which will hopefully be released in August.
    GLHF,
    PO2.Pluckmuckel
  • so a few thoughts,
    first, it looks like they have kept some armor mechanics from BF1, angles are still important (anyone remember my armor practice those lessons will still come in handy). Second, limited ammo for tanks!!!!!! finally, they are addressing op nature of tanks (I'm looking at you @SSgt.mparsons=US=... Since you have limited options to fight armor, I like this limiting their firepower. Third, 3D spotting almost gone, as far as the clan goes this means tightening up those tac coms, this Battlefield is going to require faster, precise, and to the point communication, map knowledge is going to be huge. Fourth Grand Operations, ok I am actually really pumped about that, BF1 did ok with the operations but I think DICE is kicking it up a notch here. Fifth, recoil looks turned up and random bullet deviation looks to be gone!!! (it's about time, really) Sixth, THE V1 BUZZ BOMB... need I say more? The only thing missing so far is the good old m1 "ping" on clip ejection... All in all I think this has the potential to bring battlefield back, don't get me wrong I love BF1 but I understand why alot of the core players did not. I stripped a video of gameplay and ran the audio through audition... the sound design is amazing, the grenades have some interesting sound signatures.
    Loyalty Above All Else Except Honor
    "Until one has given all, one has given nothing"- Georges Guynemer, French Ace of Aces WWI
  • marpla wrote:

@RET.SSG.Fire56=US= first... great seeing you again!!!!
    The only thing im worried about is extra camping/ambush around the ammo/health resupply point.
    Looking forward for some tank action myself too, hope this game bring old good members back to the clan!
    It's true, but if they're camping on ammo they aren't attacking somewhere else :) All adds up to a more overall strategic approach to the gameplay as opposed to round robin in conquest. They are free to hold that ammo stop if that helps their strat.

This is going to be like a match on gunpowder to some people, but to me it's a huge win --- it sounds like BF5 is set to reward camping equally to attacking since both are now legitimate approaches to helping the team overall. No more deriding campers! :P
  • RET.SSG.Fire56=US= wrote:

so a few thoughts,
    first, it looks like they have kept some armor mechanics from BF1, angles are still important (anyone remember my armor practice those lessons will still come in handy). Second, limited ammo for tanks!!!!!! finally, they are addressing op nature of tanks (I'm looking at you @SSgt.mparsons=US=... Since you have limited options to fight armor, I like this limiting their firepower. Third, 3D spotting almost gone, as far as the clan goes this means tightening up those tac coms, this Battlefield is going to require faster, precise, and to the point communication, map knowledge is going to be huge. Fourth Grand Operations, ok I am actually really pumped about that, BF1 did ok with the operations but I think DICE is kicking it up a notch here. Fifth, recoil looks turned up and random bullet deviation looks to be gone!!! (it's about time, really) Sixth, THE V1 BUZZ BOMB... need I say more? The only thing missing so far is the good old m1 "ping" on clip ejection... All in all I think this has the potential to bring battlefield back, don't get me wrong I love BF1 but I understand why alot of the core players did not. I stripped a video of gameplay and ran the audio through audition... the sound design is amazing, the grenades have some interesting sound signatures.
    SSG,

I would have to agree with Marpla - great to see you pop on the forums again :)

After watching all of the videos, FINALLY we are bringing some REAL strategy into this game. Players are going to have to really rely on teamwork and cohesion to get them job done - all the more reason why clans will be HUGE in this game!

Looking forward to this :)
  • Oh hey, just noticed this about spotting:

rather than spamming a button to make a reticule pop above enemy heads for easy points and make for easy targets, you can now only bring attention to locations in the terrain. In other words if a couple of enemies are hiding the other side of an abandoned train, you’re limited to pointing out the obstacle itself rather than the enemies.
    Read more at trustedreviews.com/news/battle…31890#htw5VZCsODIL3Wuh.99

That's pretty awesome actually, totally missed that nuance, although it's quite a critical one. Dorito over an area or obstacle, not the individual.

Also, in the Combined Arms co-op mode, there will be a random objective generator so it's not the same missions on repeat. Big win as well there, I really miss a good co-op mode from various games gone by.
  • Interesting, sir, because in the actual multiplayer game mode it stated there will be "limited spotting" - which translates to only certain people (like Scouts) may be able to actually spot for the team. I wonder what the final game will actually give us? I like the idea of not spotting people - really does play to a more realistic shooter.

And the queuing system is great because that's how Siege is played - players can only be highlighted using certain Operators abilities - but the queuing system is something Siege players know very well.

"Reinforce this wall here." Player then queues the wall and a small indicator will pop up on the screen (unless you have the player muted, you will see it). So, this will be an easy transition for Siege players :)
  • The Alpha is released gentleman, Watch streams of it, play your hearts out, need all the feedback we can get. So far, it feels like it is just a better re skinned BF1. I really hope im wrong. Everyone that plays the Alpha, Post as much feedback as you can.
    -=Executive Officer of the Navy=-