Titan Reports Release

Guest MAJ.Spartan-S63=US=

Titan Reports Release

After much continued effort, the UNKSO Engineering Department is happy to deliver the reports functionality to Titan. In this release, you'll find the ability to view finer grained units, view their members, view their chain of command, and view their reports submitted for approval.

This is an update aimed more towards the NCOs and Officers of the clan to help keep account of all the units and their activities. This supersedes the reporting functionality of Static12.

Usage Guide

As a squad leader

To submit a report as a squad leader, you’ll first want to go to the unit that you lead.

9nOXUPn.png

From there, you can view the members in the unit or view the reports tab.

hY8J5Cn.png

nYpt7Gl.png

From there, click on “New Report” to start drafting a new weekly report. You’ll notice that the modal that opens displays any file entries that were added in the last week for the members of the unit.

AIhbN62.png

Finally, you can submit the report and view its submission.

8wrtpBh.png

As a platoon leader (and higher)

As a platoon leader or higher, you can file a report, just like a squad leader, for your unit, or view reports for all subordinate units. In this example, Alpha Squad and Bravo Squad are subordinate units.

61e4yXK.png

From the previous example, the Bravo Squad leader submitted a report. As the First Platoon Leader, you would want to read and acknowledge this report. Clicking on Bravo Squad unit, I can see what the squad leader saw: the members and reports.

n6j9mEm.png

I can click on the report in question and view the contents of it.

VTatdMM.png

From there, I can “Ack” it to acknowledge it. This will result in a green checkbox being display next to the entry and a snacker showing success.

QKnpd9c.png

This works for all units that have child units. For example, a First Sergeant could do this process for a platoon level unit.

Closing

That’s all for this time! We’ll be following up with a wind-down announcement for Static12 as we transition to completely using Titan as our tool for keeping track of members. Don’t hesitate to ask any questions or report any issues or discrepancies on this thread.

Guest AudioChocolate

In addition to what LtCol mentioned, a new "Manage reports" view has been added to the sidebar navigation. This page lists all the unread reports by your direct reports so you don't have to go hunting for them :thumbsup: . If you don't see a link for it, log out and sign in again to refresh the navigation.

t55I1Gh.png

Guest RET.SCPO.Jaakken=US=

Sir, I submitted this week's report on Titan instead, and tried to use the same template as on static12, but it turns out the system replaces line breaks with spaces which made the report look really crammed and exhausting to read. I wonder if it's possible to introduce line breaks, or will I have to work around this with a new template?

Sincerely,

CPO.Jaakken

Sir, I submitted this week's report on Titan instead, and tried to use the same template as on static12, but it turns out the system replaces line breaks with spaces which made the report look really crammed and exhausting to read. I wonder if it's possible to introduce line breaks, or will I have to work around this with a new template?

Sincerely,

CPO.Jaakken

We will definitely take a look into this, Chief. I’ll reach back out when I know more.

Guest AudioChocolate

CPO,

A couples bugs surfaced after exposing the platform to a wider audience (and therefore larger data set). They have been added to our task tracker and will be resolved in the next few days.

Guest Soulforged

Sincerely,

CPO.Jaakken

Sir,

I had the same problem. Thank you for looking into this.

Guest AudioChocolate

Titan only allows the immediate superior to ack reports. In this case, only ENS.Distortion can ack CPO.Jaakken's reports. However, I see there is a bug in the UI that allows you to see the "ack report" button even though you are unauthorized to do so. I'll implement a fix soon.

Regarding some of the previous posts, I made a few improvements to Titan since this last release (listed below). They will be deployed once the "ack reports" bug is fixed.

- Reports, events, and file entry dialogs will preserve line breaks. This includes existing reports.

- The event excuse dialog has been redesigned.

- Avatars in all dialogs now link to user profiles.

- COC ordering has been fixed.

Guest CPT.Vanarambaion=US=
Will there be functionality added to allow me to see reports in the Branches once I hand over the Army and Reserves to their future leaders?

Guest AudioChocolate

TL;DR:

yes

Details:

In Titan, a group of members sharing common interests/responsibilities is internally named "organization". A squad, branch, competitive team, upper command, intel, etc are all examples of organizations. The visibility of an organization's records (e.g. excuses, reports) is restricted to its COC. For you to access this information, we need to:

1. Create a "Division" organization.

2. Assign you as the CO.

3. Set "Division" as the parent organization for all branches. (this adds you to each of their COC)

@LtCol.Spartan-S63=US= can take care of this for you.

On a related note, @LtCol.Spartan-S63=US=, please create the following organizations and all roles available in each of them. Even if a role is unassigned, still create it so they exist when role assignment is released. Titan is smart enough to compensate for unassigned roles. I'll post a separate thread with further explanation.

Upper command

> CO

> CO

Division (parent: upper command)

> CO

> XO

Intel (parent: upper command)

> CO

> XO

If necessary create orgs for NCOA, ENG, COMOS, NONCOM, and PA as well.

Guest CPT.Vanarambaion=US=
COMOS and NONCOM are rather far off from being needed, and already answer to the regular Division CoC. ENG and PA would work, if there's value there for LtCol, since those orgs still answer to him. NCOA is something for @SMA.VicVegas=US= to speak to.

Guest AudioChocolate
All issues addressed in this thread are code complete. I'm awaiting a final review before we release these improvements to prod.

All issues addressed in this thread are code complete. I'm awaiting a final review before we release these improvements to prod.

All issues in this thread have now been reviewed and merged and will be deployed in the next day or two.