Computer stuck in reboot loop i think, need ur help peoplez!

Guest Marky

my computer, after freezing from windows live messenger, got stuck in wat seems to be a reboot loop it gives an error message that says sumthing is wrong with windows or hardware before the crash my video card was acting up it gives several options reboot in safe mode, reboot with command prompt, start windows normally, and load last known configuration none of these have worked and ive tried everything i know, even going so far as to check the connections in the bloody case nothing has worked, and all my stuff is on it!!!! and every time i try and restart it, it goes back to the same screen, like a broken record no matter wat i try it doesnt work!!! i have not recieved a blue screen of death, but i am very concerned!!!

Guest gamerk2
hmmm...so you can't even get to safe mode? Thats....a problem to say the least. Check your case and make sure none of your hardware is losse; hopefully something just got knocked loose. Otherwise, your best bet would be to find your windows installation CD and re-install.

Guest mental696
vid card was acting up before so it may have died. but then again if it died you wouldnt be able to see anything unless its just a minor failure. if it says a problem with windows your HD could have died. only other thing i could think of is was gamer has already stated.

[quote=LtGen.Marky-=11thMEU=-]load last known configuration [color=cyan]none of these have worked[/color][/quote] :wink: silly darmine

Guest CPT.Skyler=US=
Alright answer me these questions and ill tell you how to fix it. #1. Windows MSN froze and it rebooted itsself or did you reset it then it started the loop? #2. After you hit one of the options does it show a Blue screen before resarting? #3. Did you hear you hard drive make a noise like a click when the first frez/restart happened? Tell me these 3 answers and ill be able to help you by telling you exactly what your options are at this point.

Guest Murph=US=
i actually had the same problem with a desktop, at first i thought some hardware was loose, then proceeded to think the mobo had a crack in it somewhere that i couldnt see, finally i replaced the case and PSU and bam it worked fine.

[quote=2LT.Skyler=US=]Alright answer me these questions and ill tell you how to fix it. #1. Windows MSN froze and it rebooted itsself or did you reset it then it started the loop? #2. After you hit one of the options does it show a Blue screen before resarting? #3. Did you hear you hard drive make a noise like a click when the first frez/restart happened? Tell me these 3 answers and ill be able to help you by telling you exactly what your options are at this point.[/quote] 1. i had to restart it, but i dont have a restart or even a power button cuz it came out a while ago and was never able to fix it so i just hit the power button at the back of the case(thats how i usually restart it and turn it off) and then i hit it again, and there was the screen, first time this has ever happened to me 2. ill check and update u 3. not that i remember

2. after i click an option it goes to the XP load screen then it has a rectangular blue screen on a black backround and it says Off in 5 seconds

Guest CPT.Skyler=US=
[quote=LtGen.Marky-=11thMEU=-]then it has a rectangular blue screen on a black backround and it says Off in 5 seconds[/quote] hum... get me a photo of this if you can please.

Guest CPT.MacCullock=US=
What did we do to deserve a guy like 2LT Skyler? Wait. I think it is that home page we have. You da man, Sklyer, whether you are able to solve this for him or not.

Guest CPT.Skyler=US=
[quote=2LT.MacCullock=US=]What did we do to deserve a guy like 2LT Skyler? Wait. I think it is that home page we have. You da man, Sklyer, whether you are able to solve this for him or not.[/quote] HAHA. ya. You can thank Recruiting for why im hear sicne they posted on another forum and i saw it. But i think his computer is an easy fix. just need to see that screen before it restarts.

[quote=2LT.Skyler=US=][quote=LtGen.Marky-=11thMEU=-]then it has a rectangular blue screen on a black backround and it says Off in 5 seconds[/quote] hum... get me a photo of this if you can please.[/quote] i shall tryyy, i dont have a digital camera :cry:

[quote=2LT.MacCullock=US=]What did we do to deserve a guy like 2LT Skyler? Wait. I think it is that home page we have. You da man, Sklyer, whether you are able to solve this for him or not.[/quote] agreeed! :D

i dont havea clue how im gonnna get a picture of it, but ill keep trrying heres an approximation of wat it looks like [img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d85/mrky84/SCREEN.jpg[/img]

Guest CPT.Skyler=US=
[quote=LtGen.Marky-=11thMEU=-]btw skyler thats 1 of the most gorgeous kick arse sigs ive ever seen[/quote] thanks made it myself.

Guest CPT.Skyler=US=
[quote=LtGen.Marky-=11thMEU=-]i dont havea clue how im gonnna get a picture of it, but ill keep trrying heres an approximation of wat it looks like [img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d85/mrky84/SCREEN.jpg[/img][/quote] thats somthng i havnt seen. Last question then. Whats your operating system?

Guest CPT.Skyler=US=
[quote=LtGen.Marky-=11thMEU=-]Windows XP[/quote] Alright. lets see this then. From what i got so far your computer froze while programs were loaded, Then you did a hard shutdown on with it which means data wasnt saved. now if a windows file was loading or doing somthing mean which during the frez and you did the shutdown it now has some less or extra data put in there and is messing everything up. There are 2 options here. Worst case you need to reformate Put in your windows XP CD. Restart your computer and run it. Select the option Windows Repair. When the black screen somes up you want to do chkdsk Let it do all its work(if it goes realy fast it will say to do a complete check by pressing (such key ) just do that then. This will do a full check on your files and fix anything that is wronge. after its done. it should work(80% chance it will) if it does youll have to ether put a 2nd Copy of the opertating system on it(not recremnded) or reformate.

Archived