DX10+FPS problems.

Guest Doubleome

Guest Doubleome
Atm I got a 2x 3 GHZ prossesor 2gb ram Using the Zotac 8800GT AMP! VC. Before I installed DX10 I had 60 FPS in COD4 with max graphics now after DX10 I cant even get above 10. Does that mean DX10 is crap or did I do something wrong ? Also Crysis with and without DX10 only 10-20 FPS at REALLY REALLY low graphics. They reach 30 FPS with ALOT ALOT higher settings on any benchmark with my videocard I just dont understand.

Guest RET.MAJ.Navy=US=
How much video ram on your card Double? And, by any chance, is there a website with specs or FAQ for that card?

Guest Doubleome
Im using 32 bit VISTA business. And here is a card link [url]http://www.azerty.nl/producten/product_detail/?ID=58476&GROEP_ID=160&TAB=specificaties[/url]

Guest Ellenberg
[url]http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_169.25_whql.html[/url] Well, those are the most recent drivers for your card... Honestly nVidia's drivers support has [i]sucked[/i] recently with the release of their 9xxx series... if you're already using those drivers, I'd suggest you roll back to DX9.

Guest gamerk2
Same problem with me in CoD4, and i thought my 3.0 GHz Pentium D was the problem... Are you using the offical NVIDIA drivers, the manufactures drivers, or the drivers which came with the card?

Guest Doubleome
But its unlikly DX10 would bring my FPS from 60 to 7-12 ? And if im right I might have installed some driver after I installed DX10. Also WOW FPS went down by over 50%. Crysis stayed same but it hasnt been above any decent FPS either. And according to tests my 8800 GT should be able to run crysis 30 FPS at decent settings and atm I only make 10-20 at low settings. Even with 800-600 I stay under 30.

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=
OMG DOUBLE NOOOO!!! I WARNED YOU NOT TO GET VISTA!!!, UR REALLY GNA REGRET IT :( :( i'm so sad for you now lol.

Guest Ellenberg
[quote='SFC.Doubleome','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=28922#post28922']But its unlikly DX10 would bring my FPS from 60 to 7-12 ? And if im right I might have installed some driver after I installed DX10.[/QUOTE] Actually, it's possible. Get rid of it (DX10) until nVidia releases some decent drivers for your card. (You know, their last set of drivers are from December, and they're absolute PANTS!)

Guest gamerk2
If you have a seperate XP Partition on your HD, try running DX9 off that and see if that runs any better. Vista SP1 may also be the problem, as many people have reported preformance LOSSES since installing it.

Guest gamerk2
Also, it could also be that old driver files might still be hanging around somewhere. Worst case, uninstall whatever drivers you are using, run a registry check, and then re-install the drivers.

Guest Doubleome
[quote='CPT.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=28933#post28933']OMG DOUBLE NOOOO!!! I WARNED YOU NOT TO GET VISTA!!!, UR REALLY GNA REGRET IT :( :( i'm so sad for you now lol.[/QUOTE] I havnt bought myself vista. My dad was able to get some free versions. Back to XP atm. U were ind right about vista. My harddisk is working 24/7 just doing useless stuff. Btw about vista using alot ram is cuz it adapts to ur PC use. So it pre loads stuff on ur ram. Btw this may sound really stupid. I tried this video card in this system with I guess a analog video cable and I had 60 FPS with Cod4 MAX EVERYTHING. Than we moved PC to my room and noticed my FPS where 7-15 with any game at what graphics, so after doing everything we could we decided to chance cables and went back to the analog and got back to 60 FPS. Now again I lost all my FPS to 7-15 what ever cable or cable slot I use. I just cant figure why it just doesnt let me play. Also Pc sometimes doesnt start up and starts saying stuff about cable on the screen. But I have double checked every cable and everything. Any1 got an idea ?

Guest RET.Capt.MustangMan94=US=
It sounds like your power supply you need to check with the system requirements for your card. I had a similar problem a while back. My power supply was strong enough to run it 300 watts(yeah this was a couple years ago. But wasn't putting out the correct amps or volts for my card. If that's not it what mobo are you using the 8800's have problems with the PCI-E Link and sometimes you have to adjust you bios or update it to get them not to bottleneck. Ofcourse last but not least it could just be the 8800 itself there problems with them and Nvidia says they'll have a fix by July. Hope this helps.

Guest Doubleome
U could be right about the power supple. Nvidia message keeps popping up about not enough power. Hope ur help will help :)

Guest Ellenberg
[img]http://www.quantum.com.hk/website/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/5260f140aa32ffe3f19127aa0530b302.jpg[/img] Left one is a VGA (analog) connection. Right one is a DVI (digital) connection. Almost sounds like the monitor isn't set up properly maybe...

Guest Doubleome
I get Nvidia message about. The NVIDIA System Sentinel is reporting that the NVIDIA-powered graphics card is not receiving sufficient power. To protect your hardware from potential damage or causing a potential system lockup, the graphics processor has lowered its performance to a level that allows continued safe operations. The odd thing about this is that it has worked before with and without the 6 pinned cable in the socket of the card. And now it starts about it.

Guest RET.MAJ.Navy=US=
OK, well 500 Watts should be enough, but wondering if you're honestly getting that much out? And, how many peripherals are you running that bleed off power? Lastly, have you checked how the card seats, looking for any bent pins........I had that once, and it was just enough damage on the pin that it worked intermittently, and a tech had to find it and fix it for me.

Guest Ellenberg
500W powersupply is the peak wattage, depending on the quality, it might not be putting out enough for your card at all. The 6-pin connection thing should be connected to the card for it to work properly, otherwise you get that error... but if you're getting the error with it connected, there *might* be an issue with either the card or the powersupply.

Guest gamerk2
Out of curiosity, whats your EXACT model CPU? Once i know that, I can get an idea if your power supply is enough. Remember, power supplies have efficency ratings from around 50% to 80%. Depending on the manufacture of you power supply, its entirly possible you simply don't have enough power to run the 8800. Check all your connections, and make sure the 6 pin cable is in all the way. If the cables are good, the card itself is damaged, or you don't have a big enough power supply.

[quote='gamerk2','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=28993#post28993']Out of curiosity, whats your EXACT model CPU? Once i know that, I can get an idea if your power supply is enough. Remember, power supplies have efficency ratings from around 50% to 80%. Depending on the manufacture of you power supply, its entirly possible you simply don't have enough power to run the 8800. Check all your connections, and make sure the 6 pin cable is in all the way. If the cables are good, the card itself is damaged, or you don't have a big enough power supply.[/QUOTE] I agree with gamer can you please also list the model of power supply you are using. I want to check the voltage rating on it as well.

Guest Doubleome
It was something wrong with the power supply. We've got 2 identical systems 1 gives the Nvidia power supply warning the other doesnt. And 1 gives 9 FPS other 60 FPS. Its some premade HP system with a Quadro graphics card which doesnt need much I guess. But problem solved it seems. All thnx for ur help since didnt figure it was power supply untill u guys told me :)

[quote='SFC.Doubleome','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=29013#post29013']It was something wrong with the power supply. We've got 2 identical systems 1 gives the Nvidia power supply warning the other doesnt. And 1 gives 9 FPS other 60 FPS. Its some premade HP system with a Quadro graphics card which doesnt need much I guess. But problem solved it seems. All thnx for ur help since didnt figure it was power supply untill u guys told me :)[/QUOTE] WOOT WOOT Glad to help!

Guest gamerk2
No problem. This goes to show why a 450 watt power supply with an 80% effeciency rating would be better than a 500 watt power supply with a 50% effeciency rating. Glad to see everything is working though. :D

• 2 months later...
Guest RET.CPT.MacCullock=US=

Don't be upset.

I have moved the Training Plan to the Battlefield - PR Official Training thread. Little has changed in the last couple days. I want our BF2 players to get curious about PR, and ousiders like RustyBandSaw and potential recruits to see what really plan does.

Archived